Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy First Monday of 2011!

Before putting up the Christmas tree, I gazed at it one last time.

Its glow warmed me once again while lounging on my couch in front of the TV, sipping hot chocolate accented with a candy cane.  With the family sleep, I was glad to have the day behind me.  My boy, James Charles, had a rough, tantrum-filled day.  His sister Audrey seemed to be (I can only guess at this point) irritated by teething.  They got sleepy in the nick of time, when I thought I couldn't take it anymore.  My husband must have felt the same way; he crashed as soon as our kids' bedtime routine was over.  So finally, having a moment to breathe, I decided to relax and think about the year ahead.


I'm not huge on New Year's resolutions anymore, because I'm frequently coming up with goals to improve my life.  But there are definitely some things that I need to tackle now to make life easier and more fulfilling.  At the top of my looooooong list is:
  • Becoming more organized
  • Asking for and getting help with the kids when I need it
  • Continuing my quest to improve eating and exercise habits (so it can lead to more weight loss yay)
  • And most importantly, STOP PROCRASTINATING!
I know I'll be a much better person when these attributes start taking place for me.

For the next few days I'll outline how I plan to accomplish these goals.  I'd also like to hear from you about your hopes for this year.  Let's cheer each other on!  In the meantime, I'm getting a head-start on one of my goals.  I just caught myself on the verge of procrastinating.  That Christmas tree and the decorations really need to be put away.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel you on the procrastination! That's a big issue for me right up there with getting organized. One day I'll get to it! I would say our #1 goal this year is to dramatically change our finances by accomplishing the goals we have set for our business- 2011 is our year! Oh, and start working out and stop eating cookies late at night.

Tatiana said...

Here are my most important goals:

-Find a church home
-To get healthy (eating right and working out)
-Get more sleep (fixing my weird schedule)
-Get more organized financially
-Get my album done by the summer (really have to pray on that, lol)
-Find balance
-Network more
-Make new friends

That seems like a lot, but these things really need to happen so that I can really feel spiritually, emotionally, and physically better. I'm glad you posted this because it made me think about what I really need to do this year. This is going to be a year of advancement and prosperity...at least I would like it to be.

Takisha said...

Hi Marisa, I'm sure you're going to do great with your business and your other goals this year. But cutting out the nightly cookies may be the hardest part--your cookies are delish haha!
Wow Tash, you have your work cut out! I know you can do it though. The finding balance part looks like it will be the key to it all.